A good education can lead you anywhere
Seattle public schools are the great equalizer for supporting families, creating economic mobility, and building self-esteem for future success. They open doors and serve as an anchor for our community. For many children in Seattle who lack the supplies, support, and sometimes stability to meaningfully engage in their education, this is not always the case.
sea.citi is announcing a new and exciting initiative with Communities in Schools of Seattle. Together, we will support students from Title 1 schools and participate directly in helping them reach their true potential.
We can make a difference and support their success.
By donating basic school supplies, volunteering your time, or providing financial contributions you ensure the success of these students on their educational journey.
Communities in Schools serves the following schools:
Aki Kurose Middle School | Chief Sealth International High School | Dearborn Park International Elementary | Denny International Middle School | Highland Park Elementary | Pathfinder K-8 | Rainier Beach High School | South Lake High School | South Shore Middle School | Van Asselt Elementary
- Markus wants to play soccer on the team with his friends but his family can’t afford cleats or shinguards, which are required by the league.
- Stephanie’s mom can either pay rent or replace the car’s flat tire. With no school bus servicing her home, Stephanie won’t make it to school without her mom driving her.
Funds are received and managed by Communities in Schools of Seattle – an affiliate of Communities In Schools of Washington and a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. EIN 91-1910330
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
You can make a direct impact on a student or teach by volunteering. Volunteers commit to 2-4 activities during the school year, or just 10-20 hours over 9 months. Opportunities include:
- Mentoring a student
- Supporting study hour
- Bringing coffee for teachers
- Speaking on a panel about your career
- Manual work like painting or setting up a classroom