If you’ve followed sea.citi for a while, you have likely noticed we took a pause on our civic and community education events.
As we start to see glimmers of hope that our region is moving from crisis management to recovery planning, we’re excited to bring you virtual events! We’re starting with a joint event with our friends at sf.citi and Protocol next Thursday with local programming to follow. We’ll continue to update you weekly about the intersection of tech and community during the pandemic so please keep sharing your stories with us!
The sea.citi Team
sea.citi Events Are Back, Virtually
- Some of the sharpest leaders in tech discuss the way their teams and companies have responded to Covid-19. As the virus grew from a regional issue to a global pandemic, tech companies around the world have changed the way they do business, helped in the fight against the virus, and found themselves at the center of users’ work and personal lives unlike ever before. They’ll look back at what worked, what’s been challenging, and what about the tech industry will never be the same. – REGISTER TODAY
- Join us for a conversation about environmental sustainability post-COVID19 with Michelle Connor, President and CEO of Forterra. – REGISTER TODAY
COVID-19 Seattle Tech Response
- YouTube added video fact-checking to combat COVID-19 misinformation.
- Instagram now allows users to fundraise for nonprofits while live streaming.
- Create33, in partnership with Microsoft, is launching a startup success program for technology entrepreneurs of color — please apply and/or share!
- Make your own 3D avatar for virtual meetings.
- Know the dos and don’ts of outdoor activities under the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Gov. Inslee will extend the stay-at-home order currently scheduled to expire on May 4.
David Ham, President of glamazon Seattle, shares how the LGBTQ affinity network is supporting their fellow Amazonians, and Amazon’s impact in the community.
We are so proud of the many examples of how our region is weathering the global pandemic. We’ve shared with you how employers are stepping up, how philanthropy is rallying resources and how individuals are contributing. The next step is putting faces to these bullet points, we’re already hearing from tech industry and community leaders and we want to keep adding to these inspiring stories — tell us yours!