The Seattle area has been booming and the tech industry is leading the way. This growth has brought new residents and increased expectations on how the industry engages with community. sea.citi is a network of tech and innovation companies strengthening Seattle by promoting civic engagement and building relationships between community, government, and innovation workers. We are building the Seattle of tomorrow, fostering a vibrant, diverse, and thriving community and innovation economy.
Launched in late 2018, the sea.citi membership includes 15 prominent tech companies working to connect employees with civic life and the community. sea.citi delivers informative community centered events to innovation workers and provides tech companies locally relevant engagement programs for their employees.
sea.citi is looking for a savvy program manager who will help build and execute programs that connect tech workers with the community and civic life. This position ensures the flawless execution of multi-stakeholder programs designed to inform and excite tech workers. In this role you will work closely with the CEO to lead and grow current programmatic offerings which currently include: a) supporting local public schools, b) our Civic Lunch & Learn series, and c) a voter education program and get out the vote effort. sea.citi is in start-up mode and requires a tactful and resourceful manager to help build programmatic impact. Your work is to grow these programs so they run faster, smoother, and more frequently. As sea.citi grows, you will help develop new programming and take the lead in managing execution.
What You’ll Do
Events: at the core of our programs are events. Whether they’re with students, tech workers, executives, local policy makers, or community leaders, we do events. You’ve done events before and know the basics of event management. You can stand up event marketing quickly and know how to keep them on track. You get a good adrenaline hit from producing a great event that spans sectors.
Program Management: you have a knack for understanding how details build the big picture. You can put yourself in the shoes of others to create programmatic playbooks, manage the rhythm of execution across varying stakeholders, all with the foresight to address problems before they occur. Your tact and ability to work across function, industry, and sector sets you apart. sea.citi works across multiple issues, where you can bring to bear your expertise in a few different community verticals.
Partner and Member Management: working with our school-based partners, you design and execute how we best support low-income schools and students. You’re a thoughtful listener, understand the limits of nonprofits, and gracefully offer solutions. At the same time, you can chat up a developer at a networking event and translate community engagement for them.
Communications: you write with comfort and ease. You creatively write about complex community issues with a voice that is fun and accessible. Everyone on the team writes and your contribution will ensure we produce great content regularly. You will write blog posts, social media bits, press releases, and more. Bonus points if you tweet in your sleep.
Build the backbone: as a new organization, every function requires building for the future. As programs grow, you make fast recommendations on how to actively scale what works and drop what doesn’t. This means you’re tech savvy or willing to dig into new technologies. You’ve used CRM tools and perhaps been involved in implementation.
We all mop the floor: as a small and nimble team, there is no task beneath you. Whether it’s sorting supplies from our supply drive, buying coffee for teachers, tabling at an event. We do it all. Including the CEO.
What You’ll Bring
- You know community. You like it, love it, you want to see more of it.
- Events are your thing. You’ve planned a friend’s wedding, quinceañera, holiday bashes, Seders, corporate retreats, or political rallies (you get the idea).
- Your background is in government or nonprofit. 3 or 4 years experience is an appropriate foundation to start with.
- You’re into details, the finishing touches. When you look at a document, you see the misspelled word.
- Get bored doing the same thing day after day? Great.
- Somedays you like to work from the office, somedays a coffee shop. Flexibility makes you feel balanced and grounded.
- When you don’t know, you figure it out. You’re self-directed. That might mean asking or doing research or just taking an educated guess.
- Speed is important but not a substitute for thoughtfulness.
What You’ll Get
- Experience building an organization from the ground up. We’re only a year old which means lots of room for professional growth.
- Work with the fastest growing industry in the region and some of its best brands.
- The opportunity to connect a growing tech workforce with our local community.
- A fun and flexible work environment.
- Salary: $60-65k a year, generous time off, flexible work environment, and a stipend for medical benefits
To apply, please send your resume, a very brief cover letter, and writing sample to
Candidates from diverse backgrounds including race, creed, color, ethnicity, gender expression, and sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.